red-shouldered valentines

A pair of red-shouldered hawks lives in our neighborhood. When I went out to
retrieve the Sunday paper from the driveway on 3/20/99 I heard a strange
mewing sound, looked up, and saw them mating in a large oak in our yard. This
morning when I took out the compost I again heard the mewing, looked up, and
there they were, mating in a large oak about 10 yards from me. It's about the
same distance from the tree I saw them in last year. Does anyone know how
close their nest might be?

Sue Timmons, North Raleigh, <stimm22179@aol.com>