Horry County Landfill 2-19

	Hi Carolinabirders,
	Today six local birders visited the Horry County Landfill.  Besides myself
there was Bob Maxwell, Gary Phillips, Dr. Richard Moore, Murray Honick and
Chris Hill.  Within two minutes of arriving at the landfill both Murray and
Chris (he is the new ornithologist at Coastal Carolina University and is
familiar with western gulls)spotted two different White-winged gulls in the
air. Later we finally got one on the ground which most of us were able to
see.  This bird was an ICELAND GULL probably in first winter plumage.  No
definite glaucous was seen although I did have a suspect that had its feet
and primaries hidden by another bird.  There were also at least 3 adult
Lesser Black-backed Gulls.

	"Don't forget sometimes you have to look up"

Jack Peachey
Conway,SC
ppaw@sccoast.net