Another old PUFI

*****

Oh, gee, I think I'm gonna swoon.

I just trapped another old Purple Finch at Hilton Pond Center for
Piedmont Natural History near York, South Carolina.

Last week I caught a PUFI that was banded as a second-year bird on
2/15/93; that makes it a ninth-year bird now.

Today, I caught another PUFI that was banded as an after-second-year
male three days after the one above (2/18/93). That makes him an
after-ninth-year bird--even older than the one last week!

Is a long-term banding project exciting, or what?

BILL
**********

BILL HILTON JR., "The Piedmont Naturalist"
1432 DeVinney Road
York, South Carolina 29745
USA

e-mail: <hilton@hiltonpond.org>

Voice: (803) 684-5852

eFax: (503) 218-0845

Hilton Pond Website:  <http://www.hiltonpond.org>

Operation RubyThroat Website:  <http://www.rubythroat.org>

"Never trust a person too lazy to get up for sunrise or too busy to
watch the sunset."

						BHjr.