Snowy Owl in pines?

Hi Folks,
	I read Harry LeGrand's post. And I heartily agree.  In my years of birding
in N.J. during my "yankee phase" I saw 7 Snowy Owls.  Two were on the high
ground on landfills (I love landfills), four were on dunes at the beach and
one was on the top of the Post Office in Alpha, N. J. and would alternate
its perch between a telephone pole and the peak of the post office.  It was
never seen in the hardwoods surrounding the post office. My understanding
is that being essentially a tundra bird, Snowy Owl shuns the woods.  That
said, I would love to eat crow (sic) if it could be refound in a tree in NC.

Jack Peachey
Conway,SC
ppaw@sccoast.net