RE: still more binocular input

I have recently acquired a pair of Leica 10x32BA binoculars.  I couldn't
possibly be more pleased with them.  The Leicas have displaced my
ten-year-old Zeiss 10x42BGAT set as the best binoculars I have ever used for
two very important (and one more somewhat important) reasons.

1. Leicas focus down to 8 ft. as opposed to 16 ft. for the Zeiss

2. Flare suppression in the Leicas is MUCH better when the binocs are
pointed sunward.  Not that the Zeiss are not good in this respect -- they
are better than most.  But, the Leica set is significantly better here.

3. The Leicas are significantly smaller tho only slightly lighter than the
Zeiss.  I have used an "Eliminator" binocular harness for more than a
decade.  NO weight on the neck AT ALL.  This is the ONLY way to carry
binoculars, as far as I am concerned.

I have not found the smaller aperture of the Leicas to be a significant
handicap.  I purchased the Leicas on the web at a total cost of $800, incl.
shipping. (My daughter now happily owns and uses the Zeiss binocs, so don't
ask! <G>)

	7;^)
	Tom "colors outside the lines" Lorenzin
	Davidson (Lake Norman), NC
	SkyTomX@XMindspring.com or TomLoX@XMicrosoft.com
	(remove Xs to use addresses)
	In the beginning there was nothing, and God said, "Let there
	be light." And there was still nothing, but you could see it.
	Visit me at:
	http://www.1000plus.com/BirdSong/