work day at Beaver Lake Bird Sanctuary

We're holding one of our clean-up, fix-up work days at Elisha Mitchell
Audubon's Beaver Lake Bird Sanctuary in Asheville.  The date is Saturday
March 18, times are 9 a.m. and 1 p.m.  There's plenty to do -- picking up
trash, using a nifty weed wrench to remove privet, attacking overgrown
vegetation, liberating trees from strangling bittersweet vine.  It's one of
life's prime satisfactions to do in an old-growth multiflora rose -- time
you experienced that pleasure.  We even have a one-canoe navy to pick up
trash along the lake shore. Hope you can join us.  Wear your grubbies;
bring loppers, limb saws, mattocks, work gloves, and energy.

Len Pardue, Asheville NC