Tripods

I have a wonderful Davis-Sanford Tripod which I bought many years ago
after using John Wright's identical model. It has weathered the years
better than I have, but unlike me, it needs to be replaced.

Some years ago, I had to have it repaired and it wound up at Tiffen
which had apparently bought out Davis-Sanford. After being lost in their
repair shop for approximately 6 months, they did a marvelous repair job.

The great thing about this tripod is it's really BIG steady legs which
telescope with screw compressors rather than levers or gadgets. The
scope leg padding from ABA fits with only minor modification causing the
shoulders to rejoice on long birding days.

I have been searching for an identical or similar tripod to no avail. I
recently heard that they were still available but I have not been able
to locate one. I would even settle for a used one (except for John
Wright's which has more miles on it than I have on me!)

If anyone out there can be of any assistance, please e-mail me direct so
that we don't clutter up the list serve. I am not on Bird-Chat, but if
any of you that are would be kind enough to post this message to that
list serve, I would appreciate it very much.

Good Birding. The resident Ospreys are back along with our
yellow-throated warblers. My Orioles have finally gone to Baltimore.

Buddy
--
Charles L “Buddy” Garrett, MD
medxam@onslowonline.net