NC's native plant society

I'd say North Carolina does have a native plant society by another name:
it's the North Carolina Botanical Garden in Chapel Hill at Old Mason Farm
Rd. and the 15-501 Bypass (919-962-0522). Their guy Harry Phillips wrote a
classic book on growing and propagating native plants (UNC Press). Their
annual (and free!) native seed distribution for members is going on right
now, and you can purchase container-grown wildflowers, native shrubs and
herbs at the sales kiosk behind the Totten Center. I think I bought
beautyberry there -- the hermit thrush's favorite.

Check it out -- you can go there to learn about plants that attract birds,
you can buy native plants, and you can walk around on the nature trails and
see birds while you're there.
Ginger Travis
Proud NCBG member
Chapel Hill, NC