Summer Tanager NOT

Folks,

Today in Raliegh I was working at an office building and in the trees outside I
heard a Summer Tanager calling! Well I was surprized a good bit this early in
the season. The light was very poor and I had no binocs, so I went with the
call. 20 mins later I hear it again and I believe it was actually a crafty
Mockingbird! Some of the tanager calls and song seemed to end in mockingbird
chatter. Later on I heard it again and also the same for calls of a Red-shoulder
Hawk that again ended in mockingbird chatter. I did see 3 mockers but neither of
the mocked birds. I real Fish Crow was hear also

Or perhaps I`ve lost my mind?

Randy Emmitt
Rougemont, NC
www.rlephoto.com