golden eagle

my cousin sent me a clipping from the charlotte observer.  a pair of
unreleaseable golden eagles (at the carolina raptor center just outside
of charlotte, nc) have laid an egg.  the eagles did't really build a
nest but laid the egg in some grass the staff put on a platform.  the
staff have basically built the nest.   the eagles are 13 and 17.  the
female has been sitting on the egg.  the staff is considering putting up
some kind of video setup so visitors can observe from a safe distance.
hopefully the paper will print updates so we can all follow this story.

lee van malssen