Horton's Pond

My fishing partner and I spent three hours this morning at Horton's Pond.
For over an hour we were in the upper end above the beaver dam. We saw
fewer birds than we expected but we did see both vultures, a red-shouldered
hawk, and bluebirds, so we couldn't complain.

On the way up, we stopped at a pond on the east side of US 401 not too far
south of the Cumberland County line.  In addition to the Canada geese that
are always there, we found a small flock of ring-necked ducks.  The latest
date that I had for ring-necks in 1999 was March 20.

Bob

Robert C. Perkins, Ph.D.
Associate Dean for Academic Affairs
Methodist College, Fayetteville, NC 28311
910-630-7037     rperkins@methodist.edu