additions to the Carolinabirds info file

I've recently added info on three bird clubs and a bit on signatures to the
Carolinabirds info file.  You can read the full info file on the web at
http://www.duke.edu/~cwcook/cbirds.html

If you would like your bird club to appear on the list, send me a brief
writeup like the ones below.  (Right now it looks like there aren't any S.C.
bird clubs besides Columbia Audubon.)

-----------------------
Netiquette dictates that signature files should be no more than 4-5 lines
long. Longer sigs tend to be more annoying than useful, especially when the
signature is much longer than the actual message. The traditional sig starts
with two hypens and a space on the first line, ie "-- ". Why? I have no idea.
-----------------------
The Foothills Bird Club serves the northern foothill counties of NC
(including Alexander, Burke, Caldwell, Catawba, and Wilkes). We meet on the
third Tuesday of January, March, May, September, and November at the First
Church of God-Hickory. We have a monthly birdwalk at Glenn Hilton Park in
Hickory on the first Saturday of every month, as well as planned fieldtrips
throughout North and South Carolina monthly. Our bi-monthly newsletter is
available for $2 per year (to cover postage). Send name and address to Dwayne
and/or Lori Martin 3691 Jinny Lane, Claremont, NC 28613 or email at
dlmartin@twave.net
-----------------------
Moore County Bird Club, c/o Weymouth Woods Sandhills Nature Preserve, 1024
Fort Bragg Road, Southern Pines, NC 28387. MCBC is a small independent bird
club with about sixty members and annual dues of $3 per person. The club has
existed off and on since the 1920's and has been active in pretty much its
present state since the 1970's. We schedule four meetings a year on the first
or second Saturday of January, April, July and October. Meetings start at
10:00 AM at Weymouth Woods and are preceded by a bird walk at the preserve.
Meetings consist of a brief business meeting, reports of interesting
sightings and a nature-oriented program, usually bird related and usually a
slide program. We conduct eight or nine half-day or full-day field trips
annually. Normally included are a late winter field trip to a local lake for
waterfowl, three or four spring trips for migrants and breeding birds and a
similar number of autumn trips. We participate in the Southern Pines
Christmas Bird Census, a breeding bird census covering the same circle and
the North American Migratory Bird Day Count. We publish four newsletters a
year including a schedule of planned events, reports covering activities in
the preceding quarter and local bird notes of interest. Information about the
club and our activities can be obtained by contacting Weymouth Woods (910-692-
2167) or Dick Burk (910-295-2521) crburk@mindspring.com.
Transylvania County Bird Club, Brevard, NC. Annual dues $10 per address.
Founded 1991, about 150 members. Meetings on the 4th Tuesday of February,
April, June, August and October. Weekly field trips Sept - June. Bimonthly
newsletter "Chip Notes." Christmas Bird Count (begun 1972); Spring Count
(begun 1973). Contact: Norma and Bill Siebenheller, 187 Glen Cannon Drive,
Pisgah Forest NC 28768,  Tel 828-884-5443, email:sieb@citcom.net

--
Charles W. "Will" Cook                w 919-660-7423
cwcook@duke.edu                 h 919-967-5446