Re: Wren nest

Roger,
I came back from a trip to find the beginnings of a nest in the wreath on my front door. So that we could go in and out that door, we moved the wreath to a panel to the side of the door. Sure enough, Mrs. Wren laid 5 eggs and she is now hunkered down in there, glaring as we go quickly and quietly by. Last Saturday morning, she had her mouth open and looked as ferocious and determined as a little wren could look....when I found another egg in there soon after, I decided she had been having "labor pains" when I saw her at first!

Carol Williamson
Durham, NC
carolw@sandler-recht.com

Roger Shaw wrote:

I've got a pair of Carolina Wrens nesting in my front yard! I observed them carving out a little 'cave' of pine straw in the ground junipers. But I completely forgot about them until today, when I peeked in and was surprised to find myself face to face with a Carolina Wren! I can't tell if he/she was sitting on eggs though. Roger ShawRaleigh, NC