Eno Birds

This morning Birdwatching 101 started off great.  We had one Red tail Hawk
perched and another soaring. Great views of both belly band on the perched
bird and RED tail on the soaring bird.  Field Sparrows were singing from
nearly every cedar in Fowler's field.  Black Vultures began to appear, first
one then two until the finally tally was 8 with a few Turkey Vulture joining
in the thermal.  On the river there were many "Kodak moments" of
Yellow-Throated Warblers and Northern Parulas seemingly in every Sycamore on
the river.  Sometime they were in the same tree and easy to compare.  At the
power line clearing we were given great looks at a male Common Yellowthroat.
Blue-Gray Gnatcatchers were everywhere. Brown Thrashers are sitting in tree
top and advertising territory with great gusto.  All in all we had 29 species
seen including a Screech Owl calling uncharacteristically during the day.
We also saw a Ruby Crowned Kinglet.

Come on down on Saturday mornings at 8:30 until July for my final season as a
volunteer of birding on the Eno.  I am hanging up my educators hat and
becoming just another birdwatcher.

See you at the Eno,
Edith Tatum