rthu seen and thrush question

First hummer of the year came to a feeder this evening.  Still have juncos
and white throated sparrows around.

Heard a thrush at Weymouth Woods this morning.  I thought the call was a
veery. Others said they'd heard a hermit thrush in the same area.  I
listened to some tapes this afternoon.  On the tapes the veery sings
multiple phrases descending down.  The hermit sang one or two and appeared
to go down most of the time but had some up slurring too.  The bird I heard
this morning did four phrases in descending order continuously.  My question
is do hermit thrushes sing four phrases spiralling down, as well as the call
on the tapes?

Sue Pulsipher
Linden, NC
puls@fayettevillenc.com