Swallow-tailed Kite, Leconte's Sparrow

Hi all,

I started Saturday morning mist-netting for sparrows at Waites Island, a
barrier island at the very north end of South Carolina.  Seaside Sparrows
are what I was after, but in with a few Seasides, Nelson's Sharptails, and
Swamp Sparrows was one LeConte's Sparrow.   Later that afternoon, in
Conway SC, a lovely Swallow-tailed Kite soared over our softball
practice.  I'd just seen my first SWKIs last week in Georgia.  It's nice
to find out that they reach my new home town as well (the field guide is
equivocal, showing the range extending to what looks like about 50 miles
south of Conway).

Cheers,

Chris Hill
Coastal Carolina University