Wild turkeys

Alleghany County and environs appear to be enjoying an abundance of wild
turkeys.  On Sunday my brother and I awoke to 5 noisy turkeys in the yard.
It looked like 2 males and 2 females and a partially albino female.  Later
in the day, we saw a flock of 17 on the other side of the Little River, a
half mile away as turkeys fly, and the partial albino was in their midst.
Even later that day and many miles away we saw from the road another couple
of flocks, numbering at least another 35 turkeys.

What's the territory range or size for a flock of 17 turkeys?  Is flock even
the right word?

Location: side roads off of Highway 18 in the vicinity of the Little River.

Patsy Bailey
pbailey@fhi.org