High Country Arrivals

Hello all,

Since my last posting we have added White-eyed Vireo, Solitary Sandpiper,
and Barn Swallow to the returnee list her in the High Country.  Walton's
Evening Grosbeaks seem to have flown but Vaughn Morrison up in Ashe is
reporting one with lots of PUFI, Siskins, and Goldfinch.  Loons are still on
Bass and Price Lakes as well as some of the usual other suspects (Woodies,
Canada's, etc)  Warblers so far are Pine, B & W, Yellow rumped, LA
Waterthrush, and Black-throated Green, and Common Yellowthroat.

Kept track the last three days and have had a total of 84 species.  Not too
bad after searching desparately for 49 species on the Christmas count just
three months ago.

Hope everyone comes to see us in a couple of weeks at the CBC meeting or the
Grandfather Mountain Birding Weekend.
--
Curtis Smalling
Ecos of the Blue Ridge