new yard bird

Cbirders,

I just added a new species to the yard list at my mother's home, the place
where I grew up in Fayetteville.

I stepped outside a little while ago and immediately heard a prairie warbler.
 Of course, I knew it as a prairie warbler because it was singing from atop
the seed heads among the vast expanse of tall grasses that wave in the warm
winds of the coastal plain.

No, not really.  I knew it as a prairie warbler because it sang out up the
scale, "zing, zing, zing zing, zin, zi, zi." (Paul, did I spell that right?)
I confirmed the ID, which I must because all birds sound almost the same to
me, with visual contact.

What a beautiful bird.  If I could show him to my non-birding friends, I
think I might be able to get some converts.  Unfortunately, I would not be
able to explain the bird's name.

Anyone else with migrants today?

Hal Broadfoot
halwb@aol.com