Egg identification

To All,  My company sponsors bluebird boxes, and one of the recipients has
been contacting us with information on the eggs in his bluebird box.  I'm
thinking Carolina wren...I really am not sure.  His description is:
smaller than bluebird eggs, dark brick red with black pepper like speckles,
not as shiny as bluebird eggs.  He hasn't seen the bird that laid them.
Anybody out know which bird laid these eggs? (The man lives in Lancaster,SC)

Thanks,
Amy Marshall
Rock Hill, SC