Worm-eating Warbler

Along the birdy back roads in northern Richland county on my way in this
morning,  I heard a Worm-eating Warbler, several Summer Tanagers, a Wood
Thrush, several Hooded Warblers and Black-and-white Warblers, lots of
Red-eyed Vireos, a Common Yellowthroat and Yellow-breasted Chat.  I saw one
bird - an adult Red-tailed Hawk stooping on something unseen in the grass
of a pasture.

Nocturnal listening this morning turned up one bird - a Yellow-billed
Cuckoo.

In the dawn chorus this morning in the yard was what might have been a song
phrase or two from a Rose-breasted Grosbeak.  The Pine Siskins are still
with me, even though I previously posted that they were gone.  Apparently
the "winter flock" has flown north and now I hosting migrants.  Numbers of
birds fluctuate widely from morning to morning.  Some mornings there are 30
to 35 Pine Siskins at the feeders; some mornings there are 3 or 4 Pine
Siskins at the feeders; some mornings there are 0 Pine Siskins at the
feeders.

Good Birding!

Donna S. Bailey
Winnsboro, SC

e-mail: dsbailey@conterra.com

	Where are the Birds?  Migration across South Carolina

	Coulmbia Audubon Society