Baltimore oriole

We regularly get Baltimore orioles at our hummingbird feeders here in SW VA.
Until today the earliest date was April 28.  This morning when I went out to
do some chores, I chose my orange cap thinking I might get a close up look
at one of my hummers.  Instead, I got a spectacular adult male Baltimore
oriole hovering in front of my face.  I quickly hung up an extra humming
bird feeder in his favorite location and Velma put out orange slices.

Also, second property record for a Yellow-throated warbler this afternoon.
Only the second one I've seen in the mountains.

Eastern kingbird arrived today.

All others back on schedule with abundant Yellow-rumps today.

Harrol & Velma Blevins
Independence, VA
On the New River at the border of NC/VA
harrol@tcia.net