TOWNSEND'S WARBLER on Roanoke Island

Carolinabirders,

I just received a phone call from Jeff Lewis, birder from Manteo, NC.  Jeff
works as the grower at the Elizabethan Gardens which are adjacent to the
Fort Raleigh historic site.  From about 5:40 to 6:00 this afternoon Jeff
observed a Townsend's Warbler at Elizabethan Gardens.  The weather has been
rainy there, so perhaps this bird will be around on Friday or (I hope)
Saturday.  Pray for overcast skies and rain on Roanoke Island until I can
get there!

There is a previous record of this species from the coast near Manteo, an
individual discovered and photographed by Roger McNeil at Pea Island NWR
several years ago.

John
--
John and Paula Wright     h 252-756-5139

jwright@skantech.net      Greenville, North Carolina