Colorado Trip Etc.

Hi Carolina Birders !!! Barb and I had a great week birding with Bob Odear
in Colorado, and are about to recouperate. We got Sage, Gunnison Sage sub
sp., Blue, and Sharp-tailed Grouse,as well as Greater and Lesser Prairie
Chickens, all displaying on the leks. We also had McCowns  and
Chestnut-collared Longspur and Horned Lark in display flight. Many other
good birds including Mountain Plover and Franklins gull. We each got 6
lifers.
       We are going to Stecoah Gap tomorrow with Simon Thompson --Ventures
Inc.,and hope the warblers will be as great as they have been on other trips
to the Gap.
       Linn Peachey, the wife of my good friend and birding buddy Jack, has
had a second surgery for melanoma and is starting interfuron treatments.
Lets all please remember them in our prayers.
              See you at the CBC meeting in Blowing Rock  Bob and Barb
Maxwell
                                Greenville,SC    bobmax@home.com