CBC Report

Hello everyone!

I am not at the evening session tonight after a day of leading trips on the
Grandfather Bird Weekend but can say that the conference list should be
approaching 120 species.  I have had 115 species here since Monday and know
most of the trips on Friday had seen most of those in combination.  Some
highlights have included Bobolinks, most of the Flycatchers (although I have
not heard from the Flycatcher Loop folks today to hear if they found
Alders).  The highlight for me is a first county record King Rail at the
Valle Crucis Community Park on Friday evening.  Marv Cooper saw it first
while looking at a gorgeous Solitary Sandpiper.  He finally reappeared about
an hour later along with wonderful Baltimore and Orchard Orioles.  The
warbler list is also long including Cerulean and Blackburnian.

I am sure the official tallies will be online soon.
--
Curtis Smalling
Ecos of the Blue Ridge