Mecklenburg County Big Day

Birders,
Rob Van Epps and I did our annual Mecklenburg County (NC) Big Day yesterday
May 6. Between our first species at 5:17 AM (Whippoorwill) and our last at
8:15 PM (Hooded warbler) we counted 116 species in the county for a total of
118. This is 2 off our effort last year of 120. Highlights were stilt
sandpiper, N. harrier, sharp- shinned hawk, and 20 species of warblers. As
always there were some painful misses including pileated woodpecker,
rose-breasted grosbeak, and Cape May warbler.

Taylor Piephoff
Charlotte, NC
PiephoffT@aol.com