Congaree Venture

Carolinabirders:
Just returned for a wonderful day in the Congaree Swamp, South Carolina with
a good crowd of folks. Conditions were great: Overcast and dry, no mozzies,
picnic with home made pound cake and brownies!!

Highlights of the day were the following:
Anhinga, Mississippi Kite, Barred Owl, Yellow-billed Cuckoo, Northern
Waterthrush, Prothonotary and Black-throated Blue Warblers.
Outstanding views of Swainson's Warblers (3)...probably my best ever and
rivalled the footage on the excellent "Watching Warblers" video.
These trip bird lists are now being hosted on the Ventures web-sites. Follow
the Trip report links.

We have also just added a summer trip to the Prairie states this coming
August. We start in Bismarck, ND and end in Rapid City, SD, with stops in
Yellowstone, Black Hills and Badlands. This will be up on the website soon,
but if you need information on this and other Ventures please contact the
office.
Best,
Simon

Simon Thompson
Ventures, Inc. Birding & Natural History Tours
PO Box 1095, Skyland, NC 28776
Phone/Fax: 828.859.0382
Travel@birdventures.com
http://www.birdventures.com