Wildathon- Big Woods Rd./Haw River

Hi Everyone,
     Yesterday our New Hope Audubon team found a Magnolia Warbler singing in
the pines at the front of the Ranger's station on Big Woods Rd.  There were
probably 8  Bald Eagles there also.   Two adults were perched in the trees
across the lake, also had a few adults fly over and 3-4 immatures also seen.
Some were flying into the small inlet near where the model airplanes are
flown, saw one sitting on a small section of sand there too.  Lots of fish in
that area.
     In another area by the Haw River,  Rob Gluck spotted 3 Cedar Waxwings,
and we also had a Louisiana Waterthrush.

Shelley Theye
N. Chatham County, NC
Psbmt@aol.com