Little Pee Dee River, 29 May 00

We went canoeing on the Little Pee Dee River yesterday, 29 May 00.  There
were lots of fishermen and lots of birds, too.  We were in Russ's creek
near PunchBowl Landing, Horry County.  Notables follow:

Prothonotary warblers - mostly heard and remarkably abundant
Parulas - mostly heard and remarkably abundant
White Ibis - at least 200, in flight, all adults
Wood storks - 3 together, and several singletons
Anhingas -  around 30, but some would probably be repeat sightings
Little Blue Herons - 6?, in flight
Yellow Crowned Night Herons - 12?, in flight

Good birding,

St.

Stephen Thomas
stype@sccoast.net