Great Egret, Yell-cr. Night Heron

Hi Everyone,
     Today at the Lystra Rd. Bridge I saw one lone Great Egret.  Was back
along some shrubby vegetation on the north side of the bridge.  According to
my CH checklist they are pretty rare in our area in early June?
     Also, at the Upper Little Creek Impoundment (near the Friday Center), I
saw an adult Yellow-crowned Night Heron perched about 25-30ft. up in a snag.
Watched it preen for awhile, then it flew east, calling a few times.
     Saw pairs of Blue Grosbeaks at both locations, the female at Lystra was
carrying food (or droppings), I couldn't tell which!!  Am becoming more
familiar with their metallic chink call.
     Heard Yellow-throated Vireos at Lystra Bridge and also at Big Woods Rd.
Bridge, where I met Melissa Conley-Spencer.  We were both on our way to do
stuff but couldn't go over the bridge without a quick look.  Got there after
the River Otters made there appearance though.
     Helped 2 Box Turtles cross the rd. too.

Shelley Theye
N. Chatham County, NC                     "Turtles are like rainbows, they
always appear
Psbmt@aol.com                                 after a rain"     Ben Theye
(last yr. at age 9)