FRIGATEBIRD AT HILTON HEAD ON JUNE 3rd

Dear birders,
   Margo Digan and I saw a Frigatebird at approximately 1:30 PM on Saturday,
June 3 from the beach at Coligny Circle (Forest Beach) at Hilton Head, SC.
The bird was flying steadily north at about 4 stories high, and was observed
for
several minutes. It was white on the throat and breast, obviously a female.
The
long, v shaped wings and forked tail were obvious and well seen. This bird
was on the move and the only Frigatebird we saw all week. We were at this
location for seven days-from 5/28 to 6/3, and were on the beach most of the
time. Birders at locations north of this sighting should be on alert-this
girl was on the move.
   Margo and I also enjoyed a week of observing an energetic Painted Bunting
pair
from our balcony, plus much fishing activity from Pelicans and Ospreys. Being
there for seven days was like an extended "big sit", and we really got to
know our little habitat very well.
   Steve Compton
    Raven23302@aol.com
   North Charleston,SC