Southwest Horry County

Hi Carolinabirders,
	Today a number of local birders: Bob & Barbara Maxwell, Paul Rogers, Tonya
Spires and myself birded in southwest Horry County near its border with
Georgetown County which is the Big Pee Dee River.  Our target birds were
the two kites and the clear cut warblers.  Despite the threat of showers
this morning we remained dry and had excellent looks at both birds and
butterflies.  The birds numbered 30 species.
Anhinga-2
Great Blue Heron-1
Great Egret-1
White Ibis-7
Black Vulture-1
Turkey Vulture-3
Osprey-2
Swallow-tailed Kite-4
Mississippi Kite-1 Paul and I missed this one as we had to leave early to
get some pain meds for my bad tooth.
Cooper's Hawk-1
Killdeer-1
Mourning Dove-5
Yellow-billed Cuckoo-6
Chimney Swift-4
Red-headed Woodpecker-1 adult
Eastern Kingbird-4
Barn Swallow-2
Fish Crow-3
Crow sp-2
Tufted Titmouse-1 heard only
Blue-gray Gnatcather-3 heard only
N. Mockingbird-2
Eur. Starling-3
White-eyed Vireo-1 heard only
N. Parula-2 heard only
Prairie Warbler-2 heard only
Yellow-breasted Chat-3 heard only
N. Cardinal-2
Indigo Bunting-5
E. Towhee-1 heard only
Common Grackle-4
Orchard Oriole-5

An interesting morning birding with friends.  And the much needed rain came
in abundance this afternoon. The butterflies are on that other listserve.

Jack Peachey
Conway, SC