More Kites

Hi All,
        With so many reports of Mississippi Kites this year, I thought I'd
throw in Wayne Co's 2 cents worth. Sam Moore and Mark Simpson have been
seeing a pair of kites near downtown Goldsboro for 3 years now. Today I
finally saw 1 of the birds perched in a large willow oak near Herman Park
(where they have observed these birds on many occasions). They have also
seen one of the birds carrying nesting material, and suspect that they are
probably nesting closeby. This is in an old neighborhood just northeast of
the downtown area.
        Just outside of Wayne Co, along Richardson Bridge Rd in eastern
Johnston Co, kites are numerous along the Neuse River. The area near and
south of the bridge (for a mile or so) is usually the best place to spot
them. Late morning has been the best time to catch them up.

Eric & Celia Dean
112 Armstrong Dr
Goldsboro NC  27530
919-736-7264