Blackpoll Warbler at Cape Lookout, NC

Yesterday, the wind was westerly all day, and
then last night, northwesterly.  So this morning,
I decided to go to Cape Lookout in search of
landbird migrants.  The weather was very good,
although of course it's definitely rather late to
still be looking for landbird migrants.

However, I did find a few migrants.  The most
interesting was one late Blackpoll Warbler.
Also had 1 N. Parula, 1 Cedar Waxwing,
2 E. Wood-Pewees, and 2 Summer Tanagers.
(The latter 2 species, although they breed on
the nearby mainland, do not breed at the Cape.)

                       John Fussell
                       Morehead City, NC
                       jfuss@bmd.clis.com