Painted Bunting.

Evening all,
Just wanted to share that yesterday my niece whom had spent the night with
me came up to me and told me she had seen the prettiest bird in the back
bird bath.  She is 9 years old and really enjoys coming to watch the birds.
I said, oh really, what did it look like, so I could tell her what kind it
was and show her the picture.  When she started describing it I got very
excited. She said, well it was pretty weird, it had like a green back, but
it's stomach and chest were red, and it's head was blue, and it looked like
the wings were blue too.  Man,  I pulled out the book and showed her a
picture of the bunting and she said yes that's it.  I have never seen one
much less one in my yard.  Anyway,  spent all day today going back and forth
to the windows looking at all the bird baths but with no luck.  Oh well....
Cathy Green
N. Augusta,  SC
cagreen@mindspring.com
"Accept that some days you are the pigeon and some days you are the statue."