Scissor-tails

After completing our second (and final) Breeding Survey of the summer, Simon
Thompson and I drove to Monroe to see the Scissor-tailed Flycatchers.  Both
were still around, with the female staying close to the nest on the tower,
and the male perching in a tree in the field.  Hand-made signs let you know
that you have found the correct gravel roads, and one sign suggests where
you need to park.  A spotting scope is very helpful, since you do not want
to get too close to the nest.  Hopefully, their nesting will be a success
It  will be interesting to see if it is.

Jo Ann Martin
jamloon@blueridge.net