Sav. River, SC birds

Hi folks,

Birds on the Sav. River Site this week include:

White Ibis – 1 Adult on Par Pond
Ring-necked Duck – 1 Ad. Drake on Par Pond (made sure to look for the white
at the base of the bill since the head shape and flank whitenes was more
like that of Tufted Duck)
Purple Gallinule – 2 adults and a juv. on Par Pond

6 Swainsons Warblers with territories on a dried up minor drainage. I had
been told that they tend to stay near the bottomlands of the Sav. River.

1 juv. (25 to 30 day old) Ovenbird singing a near adult song. Last year
workig with this species in NH I recorded a post breeding female producing
song. Amazing how little we know of bird biology and ecology.

Cheers
Paul Champlin
Aiken, SC
capito@hotmail.com