Wod Thrush nest / plumage question

Found a Wood Thrush nest looking out the window this AM.  It's in a Sweet Gum
tree, about 15-20 ft. up, and 5 ft. out on a thin horizontal branch, built
against a small vertical branch that forms a fork with it. The nest itself is
fairly tall but also hangs below the branch almost as much.  Watched the
Thrush in the nest for a few minutes.  Not sure if eggs are laid yet.  Seems
like it's fixing up the inside possibly,  would sit for a few seconds then
put it's head in the nest and it's tail up in a vertical line. Alternated
between sitting and this upside down vertical posture @ 5 times then flew
away.   The tree is close to the house, just inside the wood's edge, on a
southwest slope.

Have a question regarding juvenile Wood Thrush plumages.  Is there much of a
diff. between adult and juv. plumages?
Yesterday saw an adult Wood Thrush with another bird on the ground.  They
looked very similar except the other bird's breast seemed clear, no
noticeable spots.  Only got a very quick look before they flew off together.
Thought the other bird must have been a juvenile.  Since none of the field
guides show a diff. plumage in juv. Thrushes, (except my old Peterson's,
which shows the head being more brownish, less red) I thought the juv. must
be like the adult in appearance.  Can  juv. Wood Thrushes be less spotted at
first?  Thanks for any info.

Shelley Theye
N. Chatham County, NC
Psbmt@aol.com