Loons, HBSP

While visiting Huntington Beach SP last weekend Tracy and I saw 2 Common Loons
in the surf between the jetty and the north parking lot, seems a little late.
One loon appeared to have an injured leg, possibly causing the extended stay in
southern waters.  Staff at the park assured me that should the loon beach itself
it would be taken to a rehabber.  The park was pretty slow otherwise, a Clapper
Rail chick and a BN Stilt provided the only unexpected sightings.  I thought I
spotted a Reddish Egret in flight, but discounted the sighting.  After hearing
about the spate of sightings in the area maybe I should have looked more
closely!

Best,
Steve Shultz
Cary, NC
it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.  Any
intended recipient is prohibited.   If you received this in error, please