Empty hummingbird feeder

Jack McClain inquired about his hummingbird feeder that is empty each morning.

I have first hand proof that a racoon is the likely culprit.

At my house, my hummer feeder is suspended from a bracket that is attached to
the side of a tree.  Many times at night I have observed a racoon climb the
tree, tilt the feeder such that the sugar water drains right into his mouth.
It only takes about 5 minutes for the dastardly deed to be done.

As such, I have resorted to taking the feeder in at night.

Note:  I do the same for my hanging sunflower feeder (same confirmed reason).

Len Kopka
Simpsonville, SC