Kestrel report, etc. Yadkin Co Park

Folks,

I was at the Yadkin County Park yesterday they have a nice colony of Purple
Martins in the center of the park. They were swirling about the park all day, it
was delightful to watch and hear them. I did see them(10-12 of them) run of a
Kestrel and later a Sharp-shinned Hawk.

Also near the back edge of the park I kept hearing a wooo WOOO wooooo WOOO sound
from a tree that was quietly being mobbed by crows. It sounded like perhaps it
was an immature Screech Owl to me but I wasn`t able to see it.

As bad of day we had in the nearly 3 hours in the park was did locate 27 species
of butterflies after some pretty intense searching.

Randy Emmitt
Rougemont, NC
www.rlephoto.com