WOOD Thrush nest update

Observed the Wood Thrush sitting on nest this AM.  Didn't have much time to
observe nest since my initial report last Friday, so don't know exact day she
began sitting. Nest is in a great spot, very visible through 2nd story
window.  I have to be careful not to disturb her by standing a good bit back
from window while observing.

Saw the Scissor-tailed Flycatchers last Sat., brought my son, Ben, along, and
Lee Van Malssen.  Ben enjoyed seeing the birds, but thought 2 1/2 hours was a
little too long of a drive!  That's actually the first time I've driven more
than 1/2 hour to see a bird.
I also thank the Olsens for their hospitality and generosity.
On the way back we stopped in Laurinburg to see the Miss. Kites.  Saw the
female on the nest, she stood up and preened a few times but never flew,
never saw the male while there.

Shelley Theye
N. Chatham County, NC
Psbmt@aol.com