Re: Behavior: crow dive-bombing blue heron

Paula wrote:

<<While walking through the Duke Gardens early this morning, I observed a
crow dive-bombing a great blue heron who was in the fish pool at the
bottom of the terraces. The heron didn't seem fazed.  I have seen crows
harassing or mobbing other birds, but never a heron!>>

I noticed this same behavior on Lake Keowee in Pickens County last weekend.
I never thought of Great Blue Herons as a threat to American Crows, before.

Steve Patterson
Pickens, SC
SCBirder@aol.com