HBSP on 7-16

Hi Carolinabirders,
	This morning on a hot and humid day, I showed some visiting Ottawa birders
this fabulous park.  We birded at the causeway, jetty ponds and long
boardwalk. It was interesting and 41 species were id'd.

Brown Pelican-6
Least Bittern-2
Great Blue Heron-1
Great Egret-6
Snowy Egret-11
Little Blue Heron-3 2 adults and 1 pied plumaged bird.
Tricolored Heron-2
Green Heron-3
Black-crowned Night-Heron-1 immature
Yellow-crowned Night-Heron-3 one adult two immatures
White Ibis-4
Wood Stork-1
Osprey-3
Rail sp.-1 heard and very briefly seen.  Black back and small
"Kik,kik,kik,kik,kik" repeated about every 30-45 seconds.  This bird was
heard from the marsh boardwalk. Very unlike the Clapper Rail in voice and
cadence
Could this be a black rail?
Black-bellied Plover-3
Wilson's Plover-7