RT Hummingbirds & Carolina Wrens

Just a notation that in North Chatham Co, NC, we have experienced a
surge in the ruby-throated hummingbird population.  At the feeders today
counted 12 total, with 7 females and 5 males.  Lots of displays, chases
and general activity level.  Prior to this was observing only 3 or 4
simultaneously.  None appear to be "baby" hummers.  Does this correlate
with anything in terms of normal cycles, i.e., post-hatching, fledging?
Any others out there with similar increases?

I also have carolina wrens feeding a batch of young.  As I recall, there
was a post some time ago asking for permission to observe nests.  If
still interested, please let me know.  The nest is on the eaves of our
front porch and very easily observed.

Marsha Stephens
North Chatham County
Pittsboro, NC