Re: RT Hummingbirds & Carolina Wrens

MARSHA . .

You're probably observing two related hummingbird phenomena: the
beginning of the influx of fledgling hummers, and the increased
activity of females that no longer have to incubate or brood their
young. Plus the adult males are getting a bit antsy; some are
probably giving up feeding territories, while others may be trying
for a second mating attempt.

And the fledglings are right on time; see
http://www.rubythroat.org/Chart01RTHUDates.html .

Best wishes,

BILL

*********

--
**********

BILL HILTON JR., "The Piedmont Naturalist"
1432 DeVinney Road
York, South Carolina 29745
USA

e-mail: <hilton@hiltonpond.org>

Voice: (803) 684-5852

eFax: (503) 218-0845

Hilton Pond Center for Piedmont Natural History is a 501(c)(3)
non-profit research and education organization, so all in-kind or
monetary gifts to Operation RubyThroat and the Center are
tax-deductible. Please visit our websites:

Hilton Pond:  <http://www.hiltonpond.org>

Operation RubyThroat:  <http://www.rubythroat.org>

"Never trust a person too lazy to get up for sunrise or too busy to
watch the sunset."

						BHjr.