Winter Y-c Night Heron in Beaufort photo

John Fussell sent me the photo that he mentioned in his message (below) and
I just posted it on the web.  See:

http://www.duke.edu/~cwcook/ycnh.html

To: "Carolinabirds" <carolinabirds@duke.edu>
     Subject: Fw: yellow crown night heron
     From: "John Fussell" <jfuss@bmd.clis.com>
     Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 13:42:40 -0400
     Sender: carolinabirds-owner@acpub.duke.edu

I recently receved this photo of the immature Yellow-crowned Night-Heron
that was present at the Rachel Carson Reserve, Beaufort, NC, last December.
Am passing it along because the species is so rare here in winter.
Unfortunately, not the best angle etc. for identification, although I
believe it is adequate.  Note the large, mostly all-dark bill, and you can
barely see the darker flight feathers.

                                          John Fussell
                                          Morehead City, NC
                                          jfuss@bmd.clis.com