Re: Y-c-Night Heron on the Eno

One of our rangers also saw the imm. Yellow-Crowned Night-Heron on Sat.
7/15.  She was hiking the Holden's Mill trail(across river from Cox's Mtn.
trail)and saw it out in the river, eating crayfish!

Also, there has been a Green Heron hanging out on the upper pond at
Occoneeche Mtn. State Park(a satellite park to Eno River S.P.)  If anyone
goes out to Occoneeche and sees any unusual bird species, let us know.  That
goes for Eno River State Park as well.  Thanks.
By the way, our birdwalks will resume in Sept.

Lori Marlow
Park Ranger
Eno River SP
(919)383-1686