Miss. Kites at Roanoke Rapids

Thanks to Frank Enders' 7/21post I was able to easily locate the kites this
afternoon. The first adult appeared almost the instant I arrived at the
corner of 8th & Franklin St. at approximately 1:30 pm. It dived into the top
of a tall walnut tree located between the small shopping center and church. I
located one fledgling perched near the top of the tree and then watched the
adults feed it 5 times between 2 and 3 pm. As I was leaving the fledgling
flew across Franklin street and perched in another tall tree. Both adults
were visible at numerous times at close range and soaring high in the sky.
Charlie Thomas
Greenville, NC