Great Egrets

There sure have been a lot of Great Egrets in the mountains this summer.  We've
been seeing them throughout June and July.  I've seen them in four different
locations just in the past day.  We had a large flock of White Ibis here in
June as well.  Some of them stayed into July.   The last time we had so many
wading birds here in the summer was when it was very dry on the coast.  Are you
having another dry summer down there?  Marilyn Westphal/Hendersonville
email:  mjwestphal@unca.edu